Denmark & Sweden Photo Diary


This past week was my college’s spring break. And while there’s nothing wrong with the whole drunken trip to the beach, “spraaang breaaaak” lifestyle, it’s not really for me. So instead, I was lucky enough to cross something big off of my bucket list: I went to Denmark and Sweden! Both of these countries, specifically their capitols, have been on my list for years, so it was so exciting for me to be able to visit!


I stayed with my friend’s family at their apartment in Copenhagen, right in Nyhavn, which is the most picturesque neighborhood you will ever find! Then we ventured out by train and stayed in a surprisingly clean hostel in Gamla Stan in Stockholm for a few days.


I did so many amazing things, from exploring these new cities, to visiting museums, and trying weird new foods, and I loved every second of it! Okay maybe not every second…but it seriously was great! I was so inspired by the fashion and the lifestyles of both cities. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to go back and immerse myself even more in these amazing cultures!

Here are some pictures from my trip!

I kid you not, this was the view from my bedroom. 




These were at the Louisiana museum, which was absolutely incredible! Definitely the number one thing on my list of things to do in Denmark.


Can we just talk about how hard it is to get a decent picture in front of a wall? My friend took a million and they were all a mess. Maybe it's just me.

If you ever read Hamlet, you might remember the palace, Elsinore. And if you loved the play like I do, you'll understand why I geeked so hard when I visited the real thing--Kronborg castle in Helsingør, Denmark. 


I swear we ate these waffles almost every night. They were right across the street from the apartment so we would run out in our pajamas to bring them back and eat in the living room1


Stockholm
Every street in Stockholm was so beautiful and had so much character!
Here is a totally candid picture of me trying my first Flødeboller, which is basically a Danish chocolate covered cream puff. Underwhelming.

We took a break from walking and sat on a bench overlooking a port on the Baltic!


We visited Drop Coffee, which is either the second or third best coffee shop in the world, apparently...I don't drink coffee, but it was still cool!

The best part of Stockholm was definitely just exploring the old streets of Gamla Stan--so beautiful!


And that was just a small look into my week in Scandinavia. Have you been? Have I convinced you to go?













Post a Comment