New York Fashion Week Fall 2016 Favorites

     
As a fashion student, it's both a hobby and a job to keep up with the fashion world. So every time fashion month rolls around, my computer constantly has the Vogue.com fashion week page open! With all the time I spend looking at the new designs, I decided to dedicate a post to each major fashion week, from New York to Milan! Here are some of my favorite shows from NYFW:



RACHEL ZOE

Rachel is always a favorite of mine, because her 70s inspired designs are always maaajor. I've been her fan since she was only a stylist, so whenever she puts out a collection I feel like a proud mama (so what if I'm over 30 years younger than her?) She definitely did not disappoint this season, with the amazing coats and a decidedly Rachel metallic jumpsuit and pewter flare leg suit.





             
ZIMMERMAN

THE COLORS. THE PRINTS. This show was just so interesting, it reminiscent of both the 60s and the Renaissance and I loved every second of it. I particularly appreciated the feminine yet natural color scheme. I am such a sucker for blush. And I need those dusters in my life ASAP.     
      
                                     



       

LELA ROSE

I always love the silhouettes in Lela Rose collections. I love the proportions of everything, even though my short little legs could never handle those long skirts! If I had to choose a favorite piece it would be the pink checked coat, but the whole collection was such a standout! 
  



  
                 
COACH 1941

What I loved most about the Coach show was the 70s color scheme. The whole collection reminded me of a Wes Anderson film! I am not exaggerating when I say I would wear every coat from the whole collection (unless that's real fur I see...in which case, bad Coach!) 




                                         

DELPOZO

Josep Font never disappoints. Delpozo has been one of my favorites for a while now because of the beautiful architecture in all of the pieces. The combination of structure and movement is just so intriguing. There is always something so new and fresh in each collection, and the colors are just to die for! 





                  
           

These were just some of my favorites from this season. There were so many beautiful collections that I could hardly decide which ones to include in this! What were some of your favorite shows from NYFW?






All photos in this post are from Vogue

Post a Comment